CHERHILL – HOLY EUCHARIST Parish – Парафія Пресвятої Євхаристії
Church was built in 1938 in the centre of the community on two and half acres that were donated by Dmytro Shulhan. The first services were held in a private home by Fr. Roman Chomiak, CSSR, from Yorkton, Sask., who was visiting his family in Cherhill.
When the church was built, monthly services were held by the Basilian Fathers: Fr. Methodiius Hannas and Fr. Juvenalis Slota.
After the war, Eparchial clergy served the community: Fr. Michael Hawryluk (1950), Fr. Stephen Chabursky (1950-1952), Fr. Peter Iwanec (1952), Fr. Markian Bilyk (1952), Fr. John Chinchenko (1952-1960), Fr. Anthony Pawliuk (1960-1965), Fr. Bohdan Snihurowych (1965-1986), Fr. Myron Martynkiw (1987-1990), Fr. Mihajlo Planchak (1991-1992), Fr. Peter Lytwyn (1993-1996), Deacon Richard Nibogie (1997-1998), Deacon Michael Schaplowsky (1999), Fr. Peter Brezden (1999-2008), Fr. Don Bodnar (2008- ).