BONNYVILLE – HOLY SPIRIT [Holy Ghost] Parish – Парафія Зіслання Святого Духа
The church with a finished basement is located in the center of the town in front of the lake. The construction of the church was completed between 1967 and 1971. The first Divine Liturgy was held on March 19, 1971 by Fr. Dmytro Hnat. The first parish council was elected in 1964: V. Slawuta (president), L. Sharun (vice-president), B. Baran (secretary), M. Buzko (treasurer). The Parish counted among their members a well known artist painter named Peter Shostak.
The UCWLC was well organized with dedicated women supporting the parish.
The Eparchial clergy serving the community were: Fr. Michael Hawryluk (1949), Fr. Dmytro Hnat (1967-1979), Fr. Ivan Makuch (1981-1984), Fr. Joseph Royer (1986-1991), Fr. Austin Borynec (1992-1993), Fr. Myron Pyszcz (1993-1996), Fr. Ron Hollohan (1997-1998), Fr. Roman Dobrianski (1999-2008), Fr. Mark Sych (2008- )