GREAT VESPERS At Psalm 140 In Tone 4 Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord;* O Lord, hear my voice! By your words of wisdom, Gregory the theologian, you have glorified Him who is worshipped in Trinity: the consubstantial Godhead: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit! You have withered the vanity of…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas
- November 12; The Holy Priest-Martyr Josaphat, Archbishop of Polotsk (1623); John the Merciful, Patriarch of Alexandria (619); Nil the Faster (430)