As a writer, some of the most interesting columns to do are the ones which respond to questions from readers. This is one of them. Marie approached me regarding confusion about the Transfiguration. Was Christ’s divinity truly revealed? The question is a timely one. Now, as we prepare for the Nativity, the celebration of Christ […]
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas
- November 12; The Holy Priest-Martyr Josaphat, Archbishop of Polotsk (1623); John the Merciful, Patriarch of Alexandria (619); Nil the Faster (430)