An event which was both inspiring and joyous recently took place at St. Basil church in Edmonton. On Sunday September 13, 2015 Brother Agapey Lutsyk, OSBM made his Profession of Vows in the Order of St. Basil the Great of St. Josaphat. Solemn Profession is the rite at which a brother makes a lifelong commitment […]
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas