WHEN TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY AMERICANS think of the Vikings, they may picture seafarers from Scandinavia sailing to Iceland and Greenland or raiding the coasts of England and Ireland. We rarely think of their inland cousins, whose rule extended into what is Russia today in the ninth to fourteenth centuries. Two of the saints commemorated this week […]
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts for Wednesday (Mar 20) & Friday (Mar 22) of the Third Week of Great Lent
- March 17; Second Sunday of the Great Fast: St. Gregory of Palamas, Octoechos Tone 2. Our Venerable Father Alexius, Man of God
- Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts for the First Week of Great Lent (Wed, Mar 13 & Fri, Mar 15)
- Prayer for International Women’s Day
- St. Sophia Parish: Building a church. Building a community.