Fifty Days after Passover Jews observe the Feast of Shavuot, the Festival of Weeks, which originated as the conclusion of the Spring harvest season in Israel. Between Passover and Shavuot barley, grapes, figs, pomegranates, olives, dates and lastly wheat would be harvested. According to the Biblical command (Deuteronomy 8:8) growers would bind the first fruits…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great
- New Podcast: True Light By Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies
- Sunday January 13; Sunday after Theophany, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Hermylus and Stratonicus (313-24)