The Manitoba Archives Association has selected the author of God’s Martyr, History’s Witness to be one of 10 recipients of the Manitoba Day Award. The Association established the Award in 2007 to recognize users of archives who have completed an original work of excellence. which contributes to the understanding and celebration of Manitoba history. The 9th annual presentation will be be held at University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections, Fort Garry Campus, 330 Elizabeth Dafoe Library, on 27 May 2015 at 7:00 pm.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas