A fraternal encounter of the Hierarchs of the Ukrainian Catholic and Ukrainian Orthodox Churches of North America was held from March 3-5, 2015 in Clearwater, FL. It was the first such meeting in three years. The hierarchs held discussions and exchanged information on topics of common concern ranging from liturgical, pastoral, doctrinal and administrative matters. Much time was spent in discussing the current situation in Ukraine and how our Churches in the diaspora can more effectively provide for the spiritual and materials needs of our suffering Ukrainian people. At the conclusion of this year’s encounter, the hierarchs agreed to meet again next spring in Winnipeg, Canada.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great
- New Podcast: True Light By Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies
- Sunday January 13; Sunday after Theophany, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Hermylus and Stratonicus (313-24)