by Laura Ieraci The Catholic Telegraph, March 6, 2015 “Joy” is not a word people usually associate with strict fasting and penance — unless they are Eastern-rite Catholics. In the Eastern church, the penitential period that prepares believers to celebrate Easter, is called “Great Lent,” and its prayers invite the faithful to recognize their “need…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great
- New Podcast: True Light By Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies
- Sunday January 13; Sunday after Theophany, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Hermylus and Stratonicus (313-24)