ALL SOULS SATURDAY The Holy Fathers were convinced that the commemoration of the departed by alms and sacrifices [Divine Liturgies] brings great comfort and benefit to them. (Synaxarion for Meat-fare Saturday) One of the most venerable traditions in the Church, equally observed in the West as in the East, is the commemoration of the departed…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 24; Holy Martyrs Borys and Hlib Named Roman and David at Baptism
- July 20; The Holy and Glorious Prophet Elias
- July 21; Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Octoechos Tone 5; Our Venerable Father Simeon, the Fool for Christ (c. 580), and His Ascetical Companion John (527-65); Prophet Ezekiel
- Rosehill Cemetery offers first ‘green burials’ in Edmonton
- July 14; Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 4; The Holy Apostle Aquila