The First Ecumenical Council [Nicaea, 325] decreed that the Church year should begin on September 1. The month of September was, for the Hebrews, the beginning of the civil year (Exodus 23:16), the month of gathering the harvest and of the offering of thanks to God. It was on this feast that the Lord Jesus…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 24; Holy Martyrs Borys and Hlib Named Roman and David at Baptism
- July 20; The Holy and Glorious Prophet Elias
- July 21; Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Octoechos Tone 5; Our Venerable Father Simeon, the Fool for Christ (c. 580), and His Ascetical Companion John (527-65); Prophet Ezekiel
- Rosehill Cemetery offers first ‘green burials’ in Edmonton
- July 14; Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 4; The Holy Apostle Aquila