GREAT VESPERS At Psalm 140 In Tone 3 10. By Your Cross, O Christ our Saviour, the power of Death has been vanquished and the deceit of the devil has been destroyed. Therefore, mankind, saved by faith, offers You hymns of praise forever. 9. O Lord, all creation has been enlightened by Your resurrection, and…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas
- November 12; The Holy Priest-Martyr Josaphat, Archbishop of Polotsk (1623); John the Merciful, Patriarch of Alexandria (619); Nil the Faster (430)