Constantine’s parents were Emperor Constantius Chlorus and the Empress Helena. Chlorus had other children by another wife, but from Helena he had only Constantine. After his coronation Constantine fought three great battles: one, against Maxentius, a Roman tyrant; the second, against the Scythians on the Danube and the third, against the Byzantines. Before the battle…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- October 21; Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 5; our Venerable Father Hilarion the Great (371)
- October 18; Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery
- The Shroud of Turin: Discover the facts about the most studied artifact in Christendom (Oct 28, 2018 & Feb 24, 2019)
- Commemoration of the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Tone 4; our Venerable Mother Parasceva of Ternovo (11th c.); The Holy Martyrs Nazarius, Gervasius, Protasius and Celsus (64-68); Passing into eternal life of Blessed Roman Lysko, Pastor of Youth and Martyr of L’viv;