GREAT VESPERS Paschal Troparion with Versicles The celebrant sings the following versicles, and to each one the people respond by singing: “Christ is risen …” v. Let God arise and let his enemies be scattered, * and let those who hate Him flee from before His face. v. As smoke vanishes, so let them vanish…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas