Let us be honest, and admit that Holy Thursday in the Byzantine liturgical tradition is not entirely successful! The day has become overloaded, and what should be the principal theme has suffered as a result. That principal theme is, of course, the Last Supper, at which Our Lord Jesus Christ gave us the Holy Eucharist….
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- August 19, 2018 – Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Post-feast of the Dormition; Holy Martyr Andrew the General and those with him (286-305)
- August 15, 2018 – The Dormition of the Most Holy Lady, the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary
- The UGCC Liturgical Singing Conference 2018
- August 12, 2018 – Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 3; Post-feast of the Transfiguration; Holy Martyrs Photius and Anicetas (284-305). Dormition Fast
- August 6, 2018 – Holy Transfiguration of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ