Not only the Third Sunday of Great Lent, but the week that follows, are devoted to welcoming the Precious Cross of Christ. This adoration of the Cross does not have a penitential character, but rather the opposite: “through the Cross joy has come to the whole world.” Having reached the midpoint of Lent we take…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 20; The Holy and Glorious Prophet Elias
- July 21; Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Octoechos Tone 5; Our Venerable Father Simeon, the Fool for Christ (c. 580), and His Ascetical Companion John (527-65); Prophet Ezekiel
- Rosehill Cemetery offers first ‘green burials’ in Edmonton
- July 14; Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 4; The Holy Apostle Aquila
- July 10; Our Venerable Father Anthony of the Monastery of the Caves in Kiev