Vatican City, 19 February 2014 (VIS) – Following today’s catechesis, Pope Francis launched an appeal for an end to the violence in Ukraine, in whose capital Kiev there have been clashes between the forces of order and anti-government demonstrators, causing twenty-five deaths last night. “It is with concern that I follow the events in Kiev during these days. I assure the Ukrainian people of my closeness and pray for the victims of the violence, for their families, and for the injured. I urge all parties to cease every form of violence and to pursue harmony and peace throughout the country”.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- March 25, 2019; The Annunciation of Our Most Holy Lady, the Mother of God and Ever-Virgin Mary
- March 24, 2019; Third Sunday of the Great Fast: Veneration of the Holy Cross, Octoechos Tone 3. Fore-feast of the Annunciation of the Mother of God
- Camp Oselia: Lenten Journey: 24 hour Adult Lenten Retreat – Apr. 5-7
- Camp Oselia: Teen Spring Lenten Retreat – Mar. 22-25
- Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts for Wednesday (Mar 20) & Friday (Mar 22) of the Third Week of Great Lent