They were prominent and wealthy citizens of Constantinople. Xenophont and his wife Maria lived a God-pleasing life and dedicated all their attention to the Christian upbringing of their sons. When their sons reached majority, they were sent to study in Beirut; but it so happened that a storm capsized their boat. By the Providence of…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- August 19, 2018 – Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Post-feast of the Dormition; Holy Martyr Andrew the General and those with him (286-305)
- August 15, 2018 – The Dormition of the Most Holy Lady, the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary
- The UGCC Liturgical Singing Conference 2018
- August 12, 2018 – Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 3; Post-feast of the Transfiguration; Holy Martyrs Photius and Anicetas (284-305). Dormition Fast
- August 6, 2018 – Holy Transfiguration of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ