Macarius was an Egyptian and one of the younger contemporaries of Anthony the Great. His father was a priest. Out of obedience to his parents, Macarius married. However, his wife died shortly thereafter and he withdrew into the wilderness where he spent sixty years in labor and struggle, both internally and externally for the Kingdom…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 20, 2018 – The Holy and Glorious Prophet Elias
- July 22, 2018 – Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Tone 8; the Holy Myrrh-bearer and Equal-to-the-Apostles Mary Magdalene; Return of the Relics of the Priest-Martyr Phocas
- July 15, 2018 – Eighth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 7; the Holy Grand Prince Vladimir (Volodymyr), Equal-to-the-Apostles, Named Basil at Holy Baptism (1015); Holy Martyrs Cyricus and Julitta, His Mother
- The Pope thanks the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church (UGCC) for its witness to the unity of Christ’s Church Pope Francis meets with His Beatitude Sviatoslav at the Vatican (ENG/UKR)
- Summer Position – Caretaker Camp Oselia