Macarius was an Egyptian and one of the younger contemporaries of Anthony the Great. His father was a priest. Out of obedience to his parents, Macarius married. However, his wife died shortly thereafter and he withdrew into the wilderness where he spent sixty years in labor and struggle, both internally and externally for the Kingdom…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Banquet for Fr. Anton Taresenko on the Occasion on His Retirement
- February 17; Sunday of the Prodigal Son, Tone 6; The Holy and Great-Martyr Theodore the Recruit (286-305)
- February 10; Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee, Tone 5; The Holy Martyr Charalampius (193-211)
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Feb 2019
- Our Saint Sophia. Letter of His Beatitude Sviatoslav on the Occasion of the Centenary of the Renewal of Unity of the Ukrainian Nation and State (ENG/UKR)