Anthony was an Egyptian and was born about the year 250 A.D. in the village of Koman near Herculea. Following the demise of his noble and wealthy parents, he divided the inherited estate with his sister, who was a minor, and provided for her with some relatives. Anthony distributed his half of the estate to…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- August 19, 2018 – Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Post-feast of the Dormition; Holy Martyr Andrew the General and those with him (286-305)
- August 15, 2018 – The Dormition of the Most Holy Lady, the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary
- The UGCC Liturgical Singing Conference 2018
- August 12, 2018 – Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 3; Post-feast of the Transfiguration; Holy Martyrs Photius and Anicetas (284-305). Dormition Fast
- August 6, 2018 – Holy Transfiguration of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ