The eighth day following His birth, the Divine Child was presented in the Temple and circumcised according to the Law existing in Israel since the time of Abraham. On this occasion, He was given the name Jesus, which the Archangel Gabriel announced to the All-Holy Virgin Mary. The Old Testament circumcision was the proto-type of…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- March 31, 2019 – Fourth Sunday of the Great Fast: St. John Climacus, Octoechos, Tone 4. Our Venerable Father Hypatius, Bishop of Gangra (312-37)
- Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts for Wednesday & Friday of the Fourth Week of Great Lent
- March 25, 2019; The Annunciation of Our Most Holy Lady, the Mother of God and Ever-Virgin Mary
- March 24, 2019; Third Sunday of the Great Fast: Veneration of the Holy Cross, Octoechos Tone 3. Fore-feast of the Annunciation of the Mother of God
- Camp Oselia: Lenten Journey: 24 hour Adult Lenten Retreat – Apr. 5-7