- The 36th Eparchial Convention will take place October 18-20 at the Chateau Louis Hotel and Conference Centre, Edmonton.The theme of this year’s convention, “Meet the Stranger in Our Midst – A Ministry of Hospitality,” flows from the Eparchy of Edmonton’s 25 Year Pastoral Plan, Evangelization: A New Springtime. Our Pastoral Plan challenges each of us to deepen our personal relationship with Christ and to grow in the life of God, in faith, and in spiritual understanding.The 8th World Meeting of Families, organized by the Pontifical Council for the Family, will take place October 26-27 in Rome. Join Pope Francis in celebrating families through this unique pilgrimage. The complete program and practical information is available at www.famille.va).
- 2013 Presbyteral Council meetings – November 4 (2:00-5:00 pm, Chancery).
- 2013 Clergy Conferences – November 5 (10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Saint Volodymyr Parish, Edmonton).
- 2013 Clergy Retreat – October 28-November 1, Sanctum Retreat Centre, Caroline. Retreat Master: Most Rev. Stefan Soroka, Archeparchy of Philadelphia.
- The Eparchy of Edmonton will host the Fourth Annual Bishop’s Appeal fundraising event on Tuesday, December 10, at the Chateau Louis Conference Centre, Edmonton.The Appeal aims at providing financial support for the programs and activities of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Alberta in carrying out the mission of Jesus Christ, that is, to preach the Good News of the Gospel Message.
For information and tickets ($150.00 each), contact the Chancery Office at (780) 424-5496 or email@example.com.
- The first message of Pope Francis for World Day of Migrants and Refugees, which will be celebrated on January 19, 2014, will focus on “Migrants and Refugees: Towards a Better World,” a theme inspired by the hope of all people for a better future in an historical moment which sees the greatest migratory flows of all times. The full English-language text of the message is attached.
- Join Patriarch Sviatoslav, Bishop David and other Ukrainian Catholic Bishops on Pilgrimage in Rome from November 22 – December 4 for the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Transfer of the Body of Saint Josaphat – Bishop and Martyr – to Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome, and attend a General Papal Audience with Pope Francis, then tour the southern coast of Italy! Itinerary available at the parish entrance.Solaway Travel has been commissioned to assist in arranging our travel plans and accommodations on this pilgrimage. For further information and booking, contact: Myrna Arychuk, Solaway Travel, 3819 Sunset Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 1T4, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (604) 430- 6789; www.solawaytravel.com.
- The Catholic Organization for Life and Family (COLF) have produced two new publications intended to assist Catholic parents in meeting some of the most difficult parenting challenges of our times: The first, As a Family, Choose Life: Choose Jesus Christ – A Christian Reflection on the New Age, identifies some of the spiritual traps that prevent many of today’s young people from developing an intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The second, Bullying: A Plague to Combat Together, suggestions solutions to a problem that has seemingly touched us all.
These and other COLF publications are available through their website www.colf.ca.
© 2013 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330