- The Eparchy of Edmonton is pleased to host the 2013 Sheptytsky Institute Study Days – An Eastern Christian Feast for the Mind and Heart from July 5-7 at Saint Josaphat Cathedral Hall (Verkhovyna). The Study Days are an opportunity for the laity, religious, monastics and clergy to gather together in prayer, study, fellowship and discussion. The theme for the 2013 Study Days is: Celebrating the 1025th Anniversary of the Baptism of Rus’-Ukraine featuring:
- Rt. Rev. Dr. Andriy Chirovsky – The Spiritual Legacy of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Very Rev. Dr. Peter Galadza – The Liturgical Legacy of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Rev. Dr. Andrew Onuferko – The Catechetical Legacy of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Workshops on a variety of topics
- Children’s Program (ages 5-12)
For further information and registration, visit www.edmontoneparchy.com or call (780) 424-5496.
- The Eparchy of Edmonton is also pleased to host the 2013 Sheptytsky Institute Summer Institute from July 9-20. Two university courses will be offered:
- Rt. Rev. Dr. Andriy Chirovsky – THO 3318 Eastern Christian Spirituality
- Very Rev. Dr. Peter Galadza – THO 3328 The Holy Mysteries: Byzantine Sacraments.
For further information and registration, contact Julie Daoust email@example.com, Saint Paul University, Ottawa, 1-800-637-6859 ext. 2332. or (613) 236-1393 ext. 2332.
Cost per course: credit $602; audit $150.
Classes will be held at the Chancery Office of the Eparchy of Edmonton (9645 – 108 Avenue).
Note: Those enrolling in one or both courses are required to attend the Sheptytsky Institute Study Days July 5-7.
- 2013 Presbyteral Council meetings – September 9 – (2:00-5:00 pm, Chancery), November 4
- 2013 Clergy Conferences – September 10, November 5.
- 2013 Clergy Retreat – October 28-November 1, Sanctum Retreat Centre, Caroline. Retreat Master: Most Rev. Stefan Soroka, Archeparchy of Philadelphia.
- Most Rev. Zygmunt Zimowski, President of the Pontifical Council for Health Care Workers, presented the Thoughts and Recommendations at the Solemn Celebration of the 21st World Day of the Sick (attached). The reflection offers helpful suggestions for parishes to enhance their pastoral ministry among the sick and the dying.
- Attached is the text of a statement issued by the Catholic Organization for Life and Family (COLF), following the tabling earlier in the day of Bill 52 by the Government of Quebec, An Act respecting end-of-life care (www.colf.ca).
- Bishop David, upon the recommendation of Very Rev. Gabriel Haber, osbm, Provincial Superior, by virtue of this letter, appointed Rev. John Sembrat, osbm, as Pastor of Saint Nicholas Parish, Saint Michael; Saint John the Baptist Parish, Borshchiw; Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Krakow; and Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Chipman.
© 2013 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330