Contest for Grades Kindergarten to 12: iWitness: iRespect (iwitness.edmontoneparchy.com). This contest encourages children and youth to witness how they respect their own bodies and the bodies of others by way of drawings, pictures, written works (including poetry, short stories, narratives, etc.), videos or combinations of these. Visit the website for ideas and examples. The closing date for submissions is June 20th. Winners will receive a personal prize monetary prize for their class ($100). For more information about the iWitness program, please contact Tobias Underwood at the Chancery Office at 780-424-5496 or by email at email@example.com
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas
- November 12; The Holy Priest-Martyr Josaphat, Archbishop of Polotsk (1623); John the Merciful, Patriarch of Alexandria (619); Nil the Faster (430)