- Clergy Retreat – August 20-24, Caroline. The retreat begins with 4:30 pm Vespers and supper on Monday and concludes with Divine Liturgy and lunch on Friday. This year’s retreat theme is “Saint Peter: From Sinner to Saint,” and will be led by Bishop David.
- Presbyteral Council meetings – October 1 (2:00-5:00 pm, Chancery), November 19.
- Clergy Conferences – October 2 (10:00 am – 4:00 pm), November 20.
- Bishop David announces pending publication of Blessed Bishop Budka biography: “I am pleased to announce that Bishop Nykyta Budka’s story will be told in greater detail and authority in a soon to be published biography researched and written by Rev. Dr. Athanasius McVay, a church historian and priest of our Eparchy of Edmonton,” Bishop David Motiuk shared in a Greeting to Patriarch Sviatoslav on the 100th Anniversary of Budka’s appointment. The upcoming biography is an historical record and analysis of the life and ministry of Nykyta (Nicetas) Budka, the first Ukrainian Greek-Catholic bishop of Canada. It is based largely on archival sources from the Vatican Secret Archives, The Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine in Lviv; the Archives of the Ukrainian State Security in Kyiv; the Archives of New State Records in Warsaw; the Archives of: the Congregation for the Oriental Churches; of the Archeparchy of Winnipeg; of the Eparchy of Edmonton and of the Archdiocese of St. Boniface, and the Archives of the Basilian Order of St. Josaphat in Rome. See what to look for in the Budka biography by visiting our recent post: Announcing the Blessed Bishop Budka Biography
- Upon the recommendation of Very Rev. Gabriel Haber, osbm, Provincial Superior, Bishop David appointed effective September 1, 2012:The Order of Saint Basil the Great will hold its General Chapter in Rome from July 2-20. The Chapter will consider various pastoral matters concerning the Basilian Order, as well as elect a new Proto-Archimandrite and General Council. Canadian delegates to the General Chapter are Very Rev. Gabriel Haber, osbm, Provincial Superior, and Rev. Josaphat Tyrkalo, osbm, Pastor, Protection of the Mother of God Parish, Vancouver.
- Rev. Ignatius Holowaychuk, osbm, as Pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Vegreville;
- Rev. Daniel Wach, osbm, as Pastor of Lamont and District Parishes; also, as directed by Father Gabriel, Father Daniel will serve as Director of the Basilian House of Studies, Edmonton.
- Rev. Serafym Grygoruk, osbm, as Pastor of Saints Peter and Paul Parish, Mundare; and
- Rev. Thomas Kobak, osbm, as Assistant Pastor of Saints Peter and Paul Parish, Mundare.
© 2012 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330